Staples?
Just the other day, I was at Staples photocoping some documents. I hadn't been to the Staples in Kingston in nearly two years, and quite a bit has changed in that time. I remember the days when all we had to do was to simply photocopy and then go up to the desk and pay for the copies we made. Yesterday, I was faced with a different monster: "Please Enter the Control Card". For a few moments, I stood there staring down the machine. Puzzled by the fact that I couldn't find the "Control Card" slot where it should be, I looked around and saw a new card reader device. "Ah...," I thought to myself, "they must have implemented some sort of payment card method." Surveying my environment, I saw a couple black machines that stood out in the "sea" of white photocopy machines. As I approached I didn't see any card dispensers, only machines to add money to card. And then I saw it, in fine print, there were instructions to press the following keys in order to procure a card... I do that, add cash to the card, and photocopy all the documents I wanted to photocopy. Then I took the stapler they provided on the table and stapled the documents: "click". There were no staples in the stapler. I notify the help desk about this "defect", and they start looking for staples... no luck. They disappeared into the employee only section for a couple minutes, and when they emerged... no luck. And so they went around to the other employees asking if they had any staples... no luck. We were having trouble finding staples at Staples! Of course, we ended up finding staples in the stapler aile, but the experience reminded me to the proverb: "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home