Saturday, October 16, 2004

~HOT~ Green Pepper!?!?

And you thought I was sad? HELL no! (refer to my previous entry below)

Now that my uncertainties is out my system, allow me to give you a precaution about green pepper-like things on your Cambodian Golden Chicken Rice dish: don't eat them like green peppers! (that's a warning especially for you, Cherie).

Tonight, I was out for dinner with one of my new found buddies at a Cambodian restaurant. We were eating, eating, eating away at our dishes and chatting, chatting, chatting away about our lives, and then, out of no where, I felt my eyes bulge and my jaw drop. It was absolutely stunning. I found myself gasping for air and feeling kinda hot... in my mouth. What happened? I had just slowly chewed, slowly tasted and slowly swallowed what I had previously believed to be a juicy, cool and refreshing green pepper.

Biggest mistake of the night!

For the next five to ten minutes, I found myself gulping water, putting the water glass down, immediately lifting the glass up for another swish. Yet still the sting of the spice remained after the water had drained down my esophagus.

In the end, I decided to fight spice with spice. Ignoring the sting, my watering eyes and my running nose, I forced myself to continue eating the spicy chicken and the rice, and surprisingly, it worked! By the time, I finished the last carefully forked grain of rice, I was like a new man.

Moral of this story: unless you sure you can handle it, stay away from the green things in Cambodian restaurants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home